A family friendly outdoor skating rink is coming to Fletcher Park, located at the corner of Fletcher, Woburn and Massachusetts Avenues (also known as the Farmers’ Markets grounds). The rink is a joint effort of Lexington citizens and The Lion’s Club. The goal is to have the rink operational from January 2016 to the end of February, weather permitting.
Items of note about the rink:
* the rink will be open from dawn to dusk daily
* no sports will be permitted for this first year of operation, thus, no hockey sticks allowed
* the rink will not be monitored therefore it is skate at your own risk
We are very excited about the opportunity for a family friendly outdoor recreation option close to the Lexington Center! In order to make Fletcher Park Rink a success, we do need your help. Here are a few ways you can be a part of the Fletcher Park Ice Rink:
1. Make a donation. The Lions Club is collecting donations to help fund the rink’s boards and liners, by NiceRink (a major supplier of commercial and residential rinks throughout the US). We are aiming to raise $10,000 in funds for the rink system which will be donated to the Town of Lexington. If you are interested, please send a check to:
Lexington Lions Club
PO Box 71
Lexington, MA 02421
2. Volunteer your time. We will need help maintaining the rink for all to enjoy. If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact Lisa O’Brien at email@example.com.
3. Use the rink! Our hope is that the Fletcher rink gets lots of use during the long winter months. The rink is conveniently located within walking distance to your favorite hot chocolate spots and other businesses.
To learn more, please visit the Fletcher Rink website at skatelexington.com.